Skip to main content

Work permits and Sponsorship

Can you work with us? We welcome applications from all candidates but there are some UK Government restrictions on who we can sponsor, so please check the below before you apply.

Do you need a work permit?

We welcome applications from everyone, but there are some UK Government restrictions on who we can sponsor, so please check below before you apply:

  • BrightStart Apprenticeship, Entry Level Apprenticeship, Pathfinders, upReach and Career Shapers programmes
    We’re not able to provide sponsorship for these programmes. If you have a PBS Dependant Visa, you must have obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain prior to your start date.
  • Spring into Deloitte, Summer Vacation Scheme and Industrial Placements
    We’re not able to provide sponsorship for these. However, you can apply for them if you hold a Student Visa which is valid for their duration. You can also only join Spring into Deloitte or our Summer Vacation Scheme if our dates coincide with your university spring or summer vacations.
  • Graduate Programmes
    For most of our graduate opportunities, we can apply for visa sponsorship on your behalf if you meet the Skilled Worker (new entrant) visa criteria.

If you’ve accepted an offer and it’s needed, our Immigration Team will initiate this sponsorship process for you around three months before your start date. They’ll then confirm the documents needed for the visa application, which costs we’ll cover and timelines for the process.

If your Student Visa expires three or more months before your start date at Deloitte, you need to apply for another UK visa OR leave the UK in line with your visa expiry. Your Deloitte-sponsored Skilled Worker application will then be submitted abroad.

Travel can impact your visa application and start date at Deloitte. When the immigration process begins, you’ll be asked to provide details of your travel plans and your Immigration Advisor here will assess and confirm their feasibility. Once the visa application is submitted in the UK, you won’t be able to travel outside the Common Travel Area.

You also need to carefully read the following requirements when you apply for the Skilled Worker Visa from a Student Visa. You must have:

  • Completed, or be applying for the Skilled Worker Visa no more than three months before the expected completion date for, a course leading to a UK-recognised bachelor's or master's degree OR completed, or be applying no more than three months before the expected completion date for, a course leading to a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education OR have done a minimum of 12 months’ study (during your most recent stay in the UK) towards a UK PhD.
  • Studied for the course at a UK institution that’s a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under the Points Based System.
  • Sufficient evidence (i.e., a letter from your educational institution) that your degree or master’s is – or is expected to be – completely finished before the programme start date. This needs to confirm the date that you have or will have sat all of your exams and handed in all of your coursework for assessment. This is to ensure your application from Student Visa to Skilled Worker can be processed before you start. Your application may be withdrawn if you do not meet these conditions.
  • Unconditional written consent from your scholarship agency confirming that they consent for you to remain in or re-enter the UK for an unlimited time, if you’re currently being sponsored (or have been sponsored within the last 12 months or less) by a government or international scholarship agency. ‘Sponsored’ means supported by an award which covers both fees and living costs.

The Home Office regularly change immigration rules. If that happens, and the changes affect the viability of your application before your start date, we reserve the right to change how we manage sponsorship applications, in line with the new regulations.

Need more information?

If you’re not sure of your right to work in the UK without sponsorship from Deloitte, please visit UK Visas & Immigration where you can find the full list of acceptable visa types.

Read more


Welcome to the Deloitte Early Careers Helpdesk

Ask your questions


Did you find this useful?

Thanks for your feedback

If you would like to help improve further, please complete a 3-minute survey