Deloitte Africa commits to achieving science-based net-zero emissions with 2030 goals and extending our impact beyond ourselves—through empowering our people and engaging our ecosystems on responsible climate choices that are relevant for Africa.
We will reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across our operations and value chain, through:
- Reducing business travel by 50% per FTE
- Sourcing renewable electricity
- Electrifying our car fleet
- Requiring two-thirds of our global suppliers to set carbon reduction targets
- Investing in offsets for our residual emissions
- We use a grey water system to reduce our use of water
- We have achieved zero waste to landfill because of the recycle bins placed around the office along with our zero-waste policy
Did you know? Deloitte Africa has rolled out practical interventions that ensures meetings, events and conferences held within the Deloitte offices in Africa are sustainable and net-zero. Read our Deloitte Africa Sustainable-Events Guide 2022.
- Reducing our reliance on paper by providing writing walls
- Reducing printing but providing paper responsibly sourced and endorsed by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Reducing travel for meetings by providing world class video conferencing facilities
- Eliminating the need for plastic water bottles by investing in a bottling plant which provides all the meeting rooms and events