Deloitte’s Workplace Integrity M&A offering hosts a suite of workplace relations services to assist you with your specific needs throughout the M&A lifecycle and beyond.
With a specific focus on industrial relations and payroll compliance, our goal is to help you gain early insight to a Target organisations workplace relations compliance culture, identifying potential risk early in a deal so that we can help you to understand how you may be able to mitigate and prevent workplace relations risk throughout the deal and in the future.
After a successful exit, we can leverage our PaySmart platform to help you quantify and remediate underpayments (if required); and we can work with you to co create workplace relations and employee entitlement compliance frameworks to meet future workforce needs and ongoing compliance informed by community and regulatory expectations.
Benefits of the Workplace Integrity M&A offering:
During the deal:
- Understanding of the Target’s workforce, including discovery of issues that may impact WR and payroll compliance;
- Insight and understanding the of Target’s WR structure, strategy and workforce spend;
- Understanding the Target’s competitiveness to attract and retain talent;
- Independent expert insights, recommendations and guidance in mitigating regulatory risk through the deal and beyond
- Workforce strategy aligned with future business needs;
- Optimisation of your employment arrangements and workforce spend;
- Provide remediation services and regulatory support as required for sustainable compliance
Our suite of workplace integrity solutions
We know every organisation and every situation is unique. That’s why we always work with you to define what solution or combination of solutions is best suited to address your specific needs. We’ve listed some of our most common solutions below.
Discovery: Review your current state: payroll spend and distribution, industrial instruments, policies, employment contracts and culture to benchmark your workplace relations maturity and identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Remediation: Using our PaySmart platform, we can quantify over- and under-payments and then support your engagement with stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes.
- Independent expert: Quality assurance of work you have done to give you and your stakeholders confidence that you have got it right.
- Sustainable compliance: Co-develop workplace relations and employee entitlement compliance frameworks to meet future workforce needs and ongoing compliance informed by community and regulatory expectations.
- Strategy: Co-develop a workplace relations strategy to ensure the workforce and underlying arrangements align with and enable your future business needs.
- Optimisation: Data analytics, metrics and insight to optimise your employment arrangements and workforce spend.
Our Workplace Integrity Team has extensive experience working with our M&A Transactions Team on M&A opportunities across a variety of industries, throughout the M&A lifecycle, including:
- Manufacturing, Wholesale, Distribution and Retail (including franchise);
- Life Sciences and Healthcare;
- Hospitality, Travel and Tourism;
- Energy, Resources, and Industrials; and
- Utilities and Social Services
For more details, please reach out to Janey Kuzma or Catherine Quayle.