Deloitte Forensic professionals are a diverse group with a wide and varied range of proficiencies, comprising forensic accountants, legal and law enforcement specialists, and business intelligence experts, all utilising state-of-the-art forensic technology.
Applications for the 2024 are now Open Click here to apply
Click here to learn more about our Deloitte Risk Advisory practice.
- Supports Engagement team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project.
- Under guidance, supports the delivery efforts of the engagement team in area of competency
- Conducts research for engagements/ projects as delegated and provides meaningful analysis / output for review
- Raises ideas to address issues arising that may enhance / renew service offerings to client
- Assists in preparation of client presentations / discussion documentation as directed
- Contributes to decisions by engagement team by providing fact-based and pertinent recommendations from research / analysis / client interaction
- Communicates regularly with management and team members on status of allocated deliverables
- Informs management of any possible emerging engagement change issues
- Responds with urgency and accountability to client and team requests
- Identifies possible opportunities for follow-on work and advise management
Financial Crime measurables:
- investigate transactional data and relevant financial documents to flag indicators of potential corruption
- prepare analysis to enhance understanding of both financial and non-financial results, to identify threats and opportunities
- evaluate existing compliance programmes for regulatory gaps and suspicious activity
- assist with remediation of client files
- knowledge of financial crime risk policies and procedures
- demonstrate a strong knowledge of know your client (KYC) and customer due diligence (CDD) requirements
- responsible for obtaining all KYC documentation from clients and for conducting initial full due diligence
- identify the ultimate beneficial owner (UBO) in line with the client’s policy
- interpret KYC and CDD policies in order to identify the requirements for the client to be successfully onboarded
- read and interpret company registration documentation and resolution to determine mandates and relevant individuals that need to be identified and verified
- conduct sanctions and PEP screening for potential sanctions violations and the identification of potential PEPs
- perform periodic screening of clients, beneficial owners, and connected parties prior to the completion of an onboarding
- perform enhanced due diligence on clients assessed as posing higher money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions risks prior to establishing a business relationship
- escalate any suspicious AML, Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and sanctions activity and transactions to the MLCO for further action
- assist with clearing transaction alerts that have been flagged in the system
- experience in transaction monitoring for anti-money laundering (AML)/CFT purposes
- use investigative and interpersonal skills to resolve cases
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of AML laws and regulations
- prior experience in monitoring and analysing customer accounts for suspicious activity required
- investigate customer transactions as part of periodic and event-driven customer KYC reviews, using a variety of tools including internal systems, internet searches, proprietary and third-party databases
- investigate non-obvious false positives, true positive hits, and escalate for further review and approval
- review sanction alerts generated by the client systems to determine whether they are false positive or a true positive
- experience with compliance systems such as OFAC, UNSCR etc.
- must demonstrate a strong knowledge of international sanctions regimes.
- basic technical knowledge in specific area and/or industry
- proficient in Microsoft Office suite, advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferrable
- elementary business acumen
- demonstrate a strong working knowledge on KYC and CDD requirements
- strong attention to detail and accuracy
- experience gained from a leading bank, regulator or professional services firm is advantageous
- excellent verbal and written skills.
- good communication skills, both written and verbalinter
- personal and relationship building skills
- desire to develop selfclient delivery focus
- focus on quality
- problem-solving ability
- must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- able to work independently and efficiently within a team environment
- be inquisitive and have the ability to identify anomalies
- must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritise workflow to meet critical deadlines
- ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment.
- Must work well under pressure
- must work well within a team and have client management skills.
a. Minimum qualifications:
- degree in commerce, internal audit, forensic or legal
- workings towards a professional qualification (CA, CFE. ACAMS).
b. Desired qualifications:
- postgraduate qualification (relevant to service area/business management, etc.)
- may require knowledge in a specific technology related to role
- legal or Forensic Accountancy or CA or CIA qualification preferred
- certified AML specialist.