Companies engaged in global trade face complex import, export, and border security customs and regulations. Managing global supply chains requires navigating the laws of multiple jurisdictions to maintain compliance, qualify for benefits, and keep costs low. Whether the customs function is in-house or outsourced, obtaining full insight into the global customs profile of a multinational is often difficult, if not impossible.
Deloitte’s export compliance professionals advise on duties, taxes, risks, penalties, and consequences of noncompliance. We help standardize and automate trade and customs duty compliance processes, allowing clients to operate more efficiently at lower risk. Standardization and automation can also help businesses capture the benefits of special trade programs.
Automate the trade classification process
Amid rising demand on global trade compliance resources, now is the time for a new approach with leading-edge technologies and consistent methodologies. Deloitte’s Trade Classifier software uses AI and ML to streamline and automate export control classifications to reduce manual effort and the risk of human error, while improving accuracy, consistency, and quality.
Using custom data analytics to glean insight into your global import profile
Global Trade Radar is an innovative, multi-jurisdictional customs data analytics solution that provides companies with insights into their global customs profile, facilitates informed decision making, identifies cost-savings opportunities and addresses potential compliance weaknesses.
Our services include:
- Compliance outsourcing and co-sourcing provides global trade compliance services from our offices or within yours.
- Global trade compliance human capital review assesses global trade resourcing needs based on qualitative and quantitative analyses of business requirements, organizational structure, and estimated workloads.
- Global trade compliance risk reviews strategically review your organizational structure, resourcing levels, technology, and reporting cycles to help develop more effective global trade compliance programs.
- Compliance program development includes helping design your internal compliance program, including organizational structure, training, manuals, policies, and procedures. We also can review and benchmark your operations against global compliance programs.
- Global trade compliance training helps design and implement tailored training programs, including online training for multi-jurisdictional customs regulations.
- Product classification support uses technology and analytics to make classification recommendations and help with classification-related challenges.
- Government relations support helps guide your interactions with government authorities, including offering strategic advice and assistance with local audits.