As businesses mature digitally, they stand apart from rivals. A survey by MIT SMR & Deloitte found digitally mature companies are better at developing digital leaders, pushing decision-making deeper, & responding faster to the marketplace
What issues does this address?
This year’s research provides some important insights into how companies are adapting to a digital business environment:
- Organisations are beginning to make progress digitally.
- Developing digital leaders sets digitally maturing companies apart.
- Digitally maturing companies push decision-making further down into the organisation.
- Digital business is faster, more flexible and distributed, and has a different culture and mindset than traditional business.
- Digitally maturing organisations are more likely to experiment and iterate.
- Individuals report needing to continually develop their skills but say they get little to no support from their organistion to do so.
Coming of age digitally