Against the backdrop of concerns around the pace of transformation in the mining and minerals industry, government has published changes to the Mining Charter aimed at not only strengthening its effectiveness, but with the intent of bringing about regulatory certainty.
The purpose of this report is to:
- Set out all of the key changes to the Charter
- Highlight the strategic implications of the changes
- Suggested steps the industry can take in addressing the changes
- Address whether regulatory or policy certainty has been achieved, and if not, set out areas of continued uncertainty
- Consider the cost to shared value impact
- Offer insights to key stakeholders as the dialogue continues