We started out as Deloitte IFRS Academy, supporting entities and clients with the know-how for IFRS implementation. Following the successful implementation of IFRS by Public Interest Entities (PIEs) and other Significant Public Interest Entities, we have lunched full scale into providing rare finance and accounting training courses.
To be the standard of excellence in learning and talent development. In pursuing this, we will remain best in class learning providers, providing above-the-bar learning and talent development services to top class clients and entities.
We will continuously use the best resource persons and latest technology, develop the most innovative courses and deliver fit for purpose learning programs.
The Programmes We Offer
We offer courses in:
- Accounting and finance
- International financial reporting standards
- International public sector accounting standards
- Business analysis and process improvement
We do not offer a list of generic training courses. We provide complete Learning solutions that reflect the diversity of industries, uniqueness of entities, individuality of professionals and cross functional requirement. Our approach to IFRS learning is interactive and is based on skills transfer. Training at the Academy is delivered by Deloitte subject matter experts who bring practical insights from real-world IFRS implementation experience. We run both open and tailored courses.
Why Deloitte Academy
- Practical Case Studies – highly proven business practical scenarios reflecting current state situations drawn from various industries that has been successfully used across the Deloitte Network of Member Firms in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region where our large complex clients issues have been resolved;
- Project Management Office (“PMO”) Tools – proven approach comprised of recognized project management professionals who stand ready to support, manage and guide beyond the training programme;
- Thought Leadership – meaningful reference materials including www.iasplus.com, publications, Deloitte iGAAP, newsletters, eLearning programs, etc.;
- Quality Assurance – Quality assurance through affiliation with Global and National accounting bodies including ACCA and ICAN. All our programmes are fully accredited and counts towards meeting CPD requirement;
- Full Knowledge Transfer – access to Deloitte financial reporting tools, templates, models, etc. Our approach to IFRS training is interactive and is based on skills transfer from the outset so that your reliance on external consultants is minimised and in-house expertise is developed;
- Hands on Training – Our trainings are designed to reflect field experience and our case studies are drawn from real life scenarios;
- Facilitator Led Learning – Facilitator-led sessions supplemented by pre and post e-Learning modules to be completed by all participants.
Deloitte IFRS Department also supports the technical faculties of the following institutions:
- Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria
- National Insurance Commission
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
- Economic and Financial Crimes commission
In addition, we are in partnership with Sage ERP Africa and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria(ICAN) to train young chartered accountants on International Financial Reporting, Auditing Standards, Accounting Ethics, Presentation Skills, use of Sage ERP and Caseware Financial Reporting Tool.