Faris Sahem, Director, Consulting, Strategy AI and Transformation, says, “Analysing business processes from a data perspective helps us to understand the exact execution steps that occur in an operating sense. In the past, system data was never considered for process analysis despite being incredibly useful to identify shortcomings, gaps, and improvement opportunities, which is what we’re addressing.”
Capturing and evaluating data accurately is allowing managers up the line to make better and faster decisions, benefiting employees and customers alike.
Ajay Yadav, Partner, Deloitte Consulting, explains, “Our capability developed a successful remodelling and detailed analysis of the business which delivered five major benefits:
- Increased operational transparency – We remodelled 33 business processes outlining controls, systems, contact points and business teams to enable the ongoing monitoring of process conformance
- Measured process performance – Our team reported on all process performance including cost breakdown, detailed process metrics, rework hotspots, and more
- Improved process efficiency – We identified process improvement opportunities which enabled process efficiency to increase by 25%, as a result of minimising waste and non-value adding activities
- Improved customer experience – Enabled reduction of turnaround times by 10% by locating delay hotspots and key causes for large wait times
- Increased controls oversight – Analysed existing process controls to measure conformance and effectiveness of all control activities. This included discovering a process where the control was not being recorded due to the team circumventing the workflow manager.”