On 23 October 2023, the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) released Exposure Draft ED SR1 Australian Sustainability Reporting Standards – Disclosure of Climate-related Financial Information (Climate ED).
This publication analyses the Climate ED and discusses:
- What’s happening – a summary of the three proposed Australian Sustainability Reporting Standards (ASRSs)
- Australian focused standards – providing the key themes that are evident in the Climate ED and the background to key changes from the ISSB standards
- Commonwealth Treasury proposals – explores the insights provided in the Climate ED about possible developments in the Federal Government’s policy development on climate-related financial disclosures
- Comparison to global standards – a summary of the key changes from the ISSB’s standards that are important for Australian constituents to understand
- Next steps – the AASB’s request for feedback and what to do now.