Deloitte collaborates with a number of initiatives and forums that focus on how business can contribute to social and environmental progress.
- United Nations Global Compact:
- Deloitte is a founding signatory of the United Nations Global Compact. Learn more here.
- Deloitte co-authored the Caring for Climate Progress Report which provides an overview of the private sector's commitment to climate change and progress made to date. Read the full 2016 report here.
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI):
The Deloitte network has engaged with the GRI since its inception in 1997 and is a GRI Gold Community member. Several Deloitte member firms jointly offer sustainability training with GRI trainers to assist organizations with GRI-based reporting. Learn more about the Global Reporting Initiative here.
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD):
Deloitte is a founding member and contributes via working groups and consulting projects. Learn more here.
- World Economic Forum (WEF):
Deloitte is a Strategic Partner and contributes to regional summits and the WEF Annual Meeting at Davos. Deloitte has a leadership role in advancing the World Economic Forum’s objective of “Improving the state of the world". Learn more here.
- Social Progress Imperative (SPI):
Deloitte is a strategic partner of SPI, a non profit committed to measuring what really matters to countries, regional and cities, to drive greater well-being. Learn more here.
Deloitte participates in dialogue and debate with leaders across government, civil society, and business to help advance solutions to global challenges.
- 71st United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) week:
More than 20 Deloitte leaders and delegates participated in events during UNGA week focused on the refugee crisis, and the private sector’s role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Read more about Deloitte’s participation here.
Deloitte and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Deloitte member firms are identifying opportunities to align their corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts with the Sustainable development Goals (SDGs) and are working on projects and initiatives focused on advancaing this agenda. A highlight of the most recent insights and activities include:
- Unchartered Waters: Blending Value and Values for Social Impact through the SDGs
Deloitte US co-published research with the United Nations Development Program that focuses on the importance of inclusive business as an active stakeholder in the sustainable development agenda.
- 2030 Purpose: Good business and a better future
Deloitte UK worked on a paper on how organizations can connect sustainable development with enduring commercial success
- Connecting Everyone and Everything for a Better Future
Deloitte UK worked with the GSMA industry group on a report designed to facilitate progress by creating a common, measureable system that links the industry’s activities to their impact on the SDGs
- The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Impact Investing Initiative
Deloitte US worked with UNOPS on an impact investing initiative that aims to catalyse investment and drive progress toward the SDGs