Deloitte Access Economics specialises in research of the movements of key drivers in the Australian economy. By combining this wealth of knowledge with research on consumer behaviour and the retail market, we are able to analyse current retail supply and demand characteristics, forecast future movements and make informed recommendations for retail development, investment and strategy.
National, State and category level retail sector analysis and forecasts are delivered via our Retail Forecasts publication, which is available as a quarterly subscription, with one-off purchases also available.
In order to provide insightful analysis, outlooks and recommendations for clients, it is key to understand the key drivers of retail demand. We specialise in research of these drivers, which include the following:
- Consumer behaviour: Consumers’ changing preferences and needs
- Consumer sentiment: How consumers react to economic changes
- Household income and debt: Current and future insights on disposable income
- Population and socio-demographics: How the population is likely to change over time
- Technological influence: The effect of technology and the internet on retail
- Macroeconomic influences: How the world economy affects the retail market.