Forecasting plays a pivotal role in long-term strategic planning. By having access to forecast data and expert analysis on the future path for employment across many dimensions, you’ll be better positioned to support workforce strategy and operations for your business and market.
Produced quarterly, Employment Forecasts provides detailed forecasts and commentary on employment in Australia across industries, detailed occupations and regions, including deep insights into three worker classifications:
- White collar: Workers in occupations typically attached to an office environment
- Blue collar: Workers in occupations who typically engage in manual work such as those in industrial settings
- Human services: Workers in occupations typically associated as service workers who may not be attached to an office environment
Our authoritative insight can help both businesses and policy makers take the pulse of Australia’s economy. If you’re looking to better understand property demand which is driven by industry and occupation employment, our detailed forecast data and analysis can help you make informed business decisions. Our white-collar employment estimate captures demand for CBD office space across industry sectors, making it a vital resource for landlords, brokers and the business community.
Understanding changing occupation employment patterns can shed light on emerging trends: technological change, shifting skill needs, the move to net zero and a shift towards knowledge-based workforce. Our analysis of the major influences of industry and occupation employment demand offers critical guidance to policy makers, researchers and any business seeking to understand the future demand for skills and the evolving shift in the structure of the Australian economy.
Employment Forecasts’ principal author is David Rumbens. David is a senior partner in Deloitte Access Economics’ macroeconomics practice and has over two decades of experience advising senior government officials and leaders in Australia’s corporate sector on the economic environment, risks and strategy.
- Expert analysis and forecast data to help you understand how industry and occupation employment trends can affect your strategic plans, financial modelling and investment decisions
- Detailed forecasts data broken down by industry, detailed occupation, state, city and CBD region gives a robust assessment of future employment demand
- Valuable insight on current and future demand for CBD office space, and the drivers of that demand
One-off (Access to the latest release only)
Employment Forecasts report including all State, city and CBD level data - Inc GST - $5, 749 (Buy)
Annual Subscription (Four releases per year) Inc GST
Employment Forecasts report including all State, city and CBD level data - $11, 499 (Buy)
Annual Subscription with detailed occupation forecasts (Four releases per year) Inc GST
Employment Forecasts report including all State, city and CBD level data and detailed occupation data by state - Inc GST - $19,499 (Buy)
Annual Subscription of detailed occupation forecasts only (Four releases per year) Inc GST
Detailed occupation data by state - Inc GST - $12,499 (Buy)
For further information (publications):
T: +61 3 9667 5070