Deloitte works with you to rethink tax compliance, moving it to the beginning of a strategic planning process rather than at the end of a required reporting process, hence offering an insurance against tax risk exposure.
Our tax compliance approach consists of providing high quality tax compliance services and assistance during all stages of the process, tracking and resolving issues before accounts finalisation and managing the tax risk, with a specific focus on the issues relevant to private equity investees. Key services include:
- Tax grouping / registrations: Attend to tax grouping notifications and forms / documentation, as well as new tax registrations
- Transaction costs: The income tax and GST treatment of any transaction costs should be confirmed
- Consolidation resetting: Allocable cost amount calculations may need to be completed to determine the ‘reset’ of the tax cost base of the assets
- Remediation of identified tax items: Tax items or risk areas identified as part of a due diligence should be remediated
- Tax returns preparation: Preparing appropriate schedules and tax return forms including cover letter detailing tax positions and treatments adopted
- Tax assessment: Dealing with queries from the ATO and assisting with correspondence where required
Our team has a particular focus on private equity, having worked on a wide range of successful acquisitions and exits by private equity funds.
Our private equity clients range in size (both in terms of fund size and investment size) and sector focus. We have experience in advising on all types of fund structures, including direct investment via a limited partnership, Singapore fund structure and Australian venture capital limited partnerships and managed investment trusts.
For more details, please reach out to Jeff Jaw or James Doidge or Dave McGuigan.