Tax News & Views - August 2, 2013
Vol. 14, No. 32
Tax Policy Group, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Camp planning tax reform mark-up for October – As Congress wrapped up its final week of work before adjourning for the August recess, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., indicated that he intends to mark up tax reform legislation in October.
- President re-enters corporate tax reform debate – President Obama proposed a “grand bargain” to congressional Republicans that would link corporate tax reform to his latest proposals to boost middle-class job growth.
- President to nominate John Koskinen as IRS commissioner – President Obama announced that he intends to nominate John Koskinen as commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service.
- House OKs bills to prevent implementation of PPACA, require congressional approval for ‘major’ regulations – The House of Representatives approved separate bills that would shut down implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, require Congress to approve certain regulations before they are allowed to go into effect, and impose new penalties on IRS employees that engage in certain types of misconduct.
- A note on our publication schedule – Tax News & Views will publish during the upcoming congressional recess (August 5 through September 8) as events warrant.
See attached file for details.
Visit the Tax News & Views archive for editions from the past year.