About Deloitte Life Sciences Consulting Offerings
Helping our clients lead and shape the global marketplace
With the life sciences marketplace shifting and evolving at an ever-increasing pace, pharmaceutical manufacturers, biotechnology firms, and medical product, technology and device manufacturers should act promptly, responsibly, and effectively to grow revenue and market share, even as industry dynamics drive increased focus on regulatory compliance, lower costs, innovation, and network flexibility.
The opportunities for growth in life sciences are considerable:
- The ~$400 billion U.S. drug market is forecast to grow six percent annually through 20161. Companies are likely to make acquisitions to drive revenue and offset the impact of expiring patents, declining research and development (R&D) productivity, and rising operational costs.
- Sales in the $290 billion medical device industry are projected to rise five percent annually from 2010 to 2015. Device makers will likely depend on innovative new products and acquisitions to drive growth and counter pricing and reimbursement issues.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is helping our life sciences clients as they pursue growth opportunities and grapple with multiple scientific, business and regulatory challenges. Through our demonstrated/time-tested combination of industry experience and broad service offerings we are helping our clients lead and shape the global life sciences marketplace.
Deloitte’s multidisciplinary Life Sciences practice can offer the broad resources required to address the wide range of issues affecting early-stage, emerging and established life sciences companies. From inception and incorporation, to an initial public offering or a new global product launch, our people have the experience that can help life sciences companies address the specific consulting needs of their expanding business around the world.
Deloitte’s Life Sciences practice is proud to serve a broad portfolio of clients in the United States, including:
- The majority of the largest Fortune 500 pharmaceutical manufacturers2
- The majority of the largest medical equipment manufacturers3
- And the majority of the largest biotechnology companies4
Read on to learn more about Deloitte Life Sciences Consulting.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.