Forward Look: Top Regulatory Trends for 2014 in Energy
How can your organization get ahead of regulatory trends? In 2014, U.S. energy companies will face major shifts in the regulatory landscape â€“ changes that affect everything from commodity transacting to infrastructure reliability. The challenge for C-Suite executives is to stay ahead of regulatory trends and requirements in order to address changes and capitalize on opportunities. Regulatory trends that are likely to have a significant impact on the energy industry in 2014 and beyond include:
- Energy regulators continue aggressive enforcement
- Leadership changes at Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- The CFTC wades into new territory
- FERC eyes hedging practices
- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) implements some new approaches
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.