Accounting Roundup — August 2011
The attached issue of Accounting Roundup features articles on:
- Convergence efforts between the FASB and IASB and the boards' decisions on investment companies.
- The FASB’s work on the investment property entity project, the disclosure framework project, the financial instruments project, and the amendments to goodwill impairment guidance.
- The IASB’s proposed deferral of IFRS 9, Financial Instruments.
- Impacts on investments in Greek and other Eurozone sovereign debt.
- Financial reporting considerations related to S&P's credit rating downgrade for long-term U.S. sovereign debt.
- A one-year update on Dodd-Frank Act rulemaking efforts.
- The PCAOB’s requests for feedback on auditor independence and the potential for mandatory audit firm rotation.
Accounting Roundup, published by Deloitte & Touche LLP, briefly describes recent U.S. regulatory and professional developments in the field of accounting. In each issue, visitors find summaries with hyperlinks to more detailed information. Accounting Roundup acts as a resource guide for accounting, financial, investment, legal, tax, and other business professionals.
Find the complete August 2011 issue of Accounting Roundup in the PDF attachment. Or visit our Accounting Roundup Archive, where you can access past issues and other special editions.
Subscribe to receive Deloitte's Accounting Roundup updates: