Frequently Asked Questions About H1N1 Virus (Swine Flu)
What is your company's response?
The information in the attached document answering frequently asked questions about the H1N1 Virus (swine flu) was collected from a variety of sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and PandemicFlu.gov in addition to Deloitte's experience assisting our customers with pandemic planning. Questions include:
- What should my organization's response be for a pandemic such as the current outbreak of the Influenza A H1N1 (swine flu)?
- When should my organization activate crisis management protocols?
- When should my organization make a press release or external communication?
- Should my organization institute travel restrictions?
- What should my organization's response be if an employee is diagnosed with the H1N1 flu?
- If an employee's family member is diagnosed with the H1N1 flu, what should my organization do?
- Can I open an envelope or package that I received from Mexico or other infected regions?
- How can we help employees be more effective working virtually?
- How can we assure our customers that we are prepared for a pandemic flu?
- How can we adapt our response to differing levels of pandemic threat?
- When should we make a call to close a facility?
- How can we calculate the possible financial impacts to our organization from a pandemic?
- How do I know if key vendors and suppliers will be there for us when the situation worsens?
- How do we sustain momentum in improving organizational resilience post H1N1 flu?
About Pandemic Readiness services
For more information on Deloitte's Pandemic Readiness services, please contact Deloitte's U.S. Leader for Busness Continuity Management services, David Sarabacha.
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.