2011 Deloitte Oil & Gas Conference Summary Report
The Dynamic and Unpredictable World of Energy
The 2011 Deloitte Oil & Gas Conference addressed the theme of The Dynamic and Unpredictable World of Energy. Speakers at this year’s conference represented an international cross-section of the world’s energy industry.
The report summarizes the conference, highlighting macro industry issues including:
- Global Oil & Gas Economic Outlook
- The Shale Gas Revolution
- The Americas: A Resurgence of Opportunities – Canada
- The Americas: A Resurgence of Opportunities – Latin America
- Lunch discussion on Car Guys vs. Bean Counters
- The Global Challenge of Supplying Growing Markets
- Energy and Politics in the Election Year: Uncertainty and Choice
Featured guest speakers and panelists at the Conference included:
- Dr. Thierry Bros, Senior Analyst, Société Générale
- Luis Giusti, Senior Adviser, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- R. Skip Horvath, President and CEO, Natural Gas Supply Association
- Bob Lutz, Retired Vice Chairman, General Motors Corporation; Author, Car Guys vs. Bean Counters
- Kenneth B. Medlock III, Ph.D., James A Baker III and Susan G. Baker Fellow in Energy and Resources Economics, and Deputy Director, Energy Forum, James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy, Rice University
- Alireza (Ali) Moshiri, President, Chevron Africa and Latin America Exploration and Production Company
- David Nagel, Executive Vice President, BP Americas Inc.
- Adam Sieminski, Chief Energy Economist, Deutsche Bank/Global Markets Commodities Research
- Andrew Walker, Head of LNG Strategy, BG Group
- Barry K. Worthington, Executive Director, United States Energy Association
- Stephen Wuori, President, Liquids Pipelines, Enbridge Inc.
- J. Michael Yeager, Chief Executive, BHP Billiton Petroleum
Learn more by reading the 2011 Deloitte Oil & Gas Conference Summary Report, attached below.
Question? Please contact: OilandGasConference@deloitte.com
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.