Document your project benefits, lessons and closure
At the end of the project life cycle, several things can happen.
- Perpetuity – the project team becomes the support team, continual refinements are made to the deliverables, and the project never really ends
- Abandonment – the project team is quickly disbanded, project artefacts are archived or forgotten, and no one remembers the project objectives
- Blame – something has gone wrong, accountability is unclear and no one takes responsibility
- Closure – the desired outcomes are evaluated, valuable lessons are remembered and the project is fully documented and terminated
We have a team of experienced project professionals who combine deep understanding of project risks, stakeholder motivation and performance metrics to provide you with an objective and result focused review. Our post-implementation review comprises at least two phases:
- First phase occurs within three months of implementation, and is focused on confirming that all project deliverables and outputs are complete, and outstanding issues are resolved.
- Second phase occurs within 12 months of implementation and focuses on validating the project outcomes and benefits.
Regardless of the nature of the project or the purpose of the review, we can tailor a highly relevant program of review activities to provide you and your stakeholders with an assessment to suit your collective needs.
Talk to one of the team about your post-implementation review.