In general, we provide the following services to various corporate entities:
- Preparing and reviewing tax computations and tax returns: this includes the identification of possible exposures and planning opportunities. It is important for corporate taxpayers to ensure that they comply with the disclosure requirements in the company tax return.
- The tax implications of specific transactions including:
- The tax implications of the purchase and sale of businesses;
- The tax implications of Management buy-outs; and
- The tax implications of Share buy-backs.
- Corporate restructuring including company formations, intra-group, share-for-share and unbundling transactions.
- Share incentive schemes.
- Provisional tax matters.
- Responses to enquiries from revenue authorities.
- Drafting of letters of objection and appeal to tax assessments.
- Negotiations with the revenue authorities in connection with disputes, and the clarification of technical issues.
In addition, we provide consultation on mining tax and financial institutions tax in the areas stated below:
Deloitte Mining Tax specialists apply their specific expertise to corporate tax issues in the mining industry.
Our main expertise is in tax planning and we are also able to assist with preparing or reviewing tax returns and year-end tax accruals.
Our services include:
- the tax treatment of trading stock, including stockpiles
- the allocation of capital assets among mining, non-mining and non-allowable categories
- ring-fencing, and its impact on new mines, mine expansion projects, and new acquisitions
- the computation of provisional tax payments
- the tax treatment of rehabilitation expense and provision
- corporate restructuring and the structuring of new acquisitions
- Queries from the Revenue Authorities
- taxation arising from the relationship between mining companies and related sales companies. This includes transfer pricing, thin capitalisation, foreign dividends, and controlled foreign entities
Financial Institution Tax
The Deloitte Financial Institutions Tax Team provide tax-consulting services to the financial services sector. Our objective is to achieve business objectives with tax-saving opportunities.
Our services include:
- structured finance consulting
- financial products and securitisation consulting
- due diligence reviews
- structuring international and domestic transactions
- organisation of joint ventures
- international compliance
- foreign currency transaction management
- legislative and regulatory developments
- withholding minimisation for cross-border transactions
- repatriation of foreign income
- cross-border utilisation of financial instruments