IFRSs in your pocket 2011 | Whitepaper
Today, the world’s capital markets know no borders. The participants in those markets need high quality, transparent, and comparable financial information to enable them to make sound economic decisions.
For over 30 years, the International Accounting Standards Board and its predecessor, the International Accounting Standards Committee, have been working to develop, in the public interest, a single set of high quality, understandable, and enforceable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to serve equity investors, lenders, and other information users.
Deloitte's "IFRSs in your pocket" guide covers relevant IFRS issues to help you understand IFRS and how they are being adopted around the world.
The 134-page tenth edition of the guide includes information about:
- IASB structure and contact details
- IASB due process
- Use of IFRSs around the world, including updates on Europe, Asia, USA, and Canada
- Summaries of each IASB Standard and Interpretation, as well as the Framework and the Preface to IFRSs
- Background and current status of all current IASB projects
- IASC and IASB chronology
- Update on IFRS-US GAAP convergence
- Other useful IASB-related information
For more information, download the PDF below. Also visit our IAS PLUS site.
Page Last Updated