II International Investment Conference
Deloitte Caspian region took part in the II International Investment Conference InvestorDay 13 hold 10-11 April 2013, which brought together representatives from the Internet business in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, and also professional investors and other high-tech market players from the CIS and Eastern Europe.
Within the framework of master-classes, Deloitte experts shared their thoughts on how anyone starting up a business would go about determining the value of their business, and new investors would go about reducing their risks.
Deloitte participated as a general business partner for the Best Business Model nomination. The conference was attended by approximately by 300 people.
Start up show: 9 projects were presented
- Happy Box – an Internet store for goods from China and overseas. The aim is to simplify the purchasing procedure; uses the normal means of payment, verify the quality of goods before shipment. The site offers Russian-language customer support.
- Pay Box – Means of payment for online stores in a single place. The system enables customers to pay for goods and services using payment cards, electronic money, payment terminals, mobile operators, banks and money transfer systems with a single connection to Paybox.kz
- Life Line (Линия жизни) – A medical alarm system (SOS button connected to a support centre) for elderly people and people with disabilities, especially in emergencies (heart attacks, falls, strokes or fire), when someone is alone or there is way to call for help.
- Accounting Planet (Планета Учета) - Internet accounting system for Kazakhstan. An online service where Kazakhstan business people and accountants can make accounting entries.
- Eco lunch – Healthy lunches with delivery service
- Askme.kz – A marketing research platform based on large database questionnaires. A useful tool for checking client satisfaction ratings.
- PassENT – An online service for students to prepare for ENT exams
- Office expert – A corporate office supply service, specializing in complex supplies and deliveries.
The winner is Life Line (Линия жизни) projectreceived a certificate entitling them to High Level Business Plan services from Deloitte.
The main objective of the conference was to introduce participants to each other and raise the most pertinent issues related to Internet start-ups, investments and also learn about colleagues’ experience in other CIS countries and Eastern Europe.