Deloitte Football Money League 2009
The Deloitte Football Money League, published in February 2009, ranks the 20 biggest football clubs in the world based on revenue. Analysis in the Football Money League is based on the latest financial information for the 2007/08 season.
Highlights of the report include:
- Real Madrid remains top, with Manchester United and Barcelona in second and third
- The declining value of Sterling hits English clubs. Manchester United would have been top of the Money League if Sterling was still at June 2007 levels.
- There would also have been nine English clubs in the League, rather than seven.
- Bayern Munich climb three places to fourth whilst Fenerbahce become first Turkish club to enter the Money League
- Stuttgart and Manchester City also climb back into the Money League with Celtic, Valencia and Werder Bremen dropping out
Page Last Updated