Deloitte’s team of employment taxes specialists provides advice and innovative solutions to employers covering all areas from ongoing compliance to cost reduction and remuneration planning.
Our award winning team can work with you to define and implement cost reduction strategies and tax efficient remuneration packages for employees. We work with a wide range of employers across a variety of areas, from advising on every day queries to implementing complex employment taxes strategies. We help employers to develop and maintain robust systems and processes which enable them to achieve ongoing employment taxes compliance.
Issues and trends
UK businesses are currently in an environment of rising employment costs due to increases in both income tax and National Insurance rates. This is coupled with unprecedented pressures in relation to employer compliance, with a focus on anti-avoidance, as well as systems and processes. Further penalties came into force in 2010 which apply to compliance failures and late payments occurring during the tax year. Large businesses are facing the additional pressure of making an annual declaration under the Senior Accounting Officer rules, to state that adequate tax accounting arrangements are in place.
Now more than ever, it is vital that employers consider all the potential options for managing the costs they face, whilst ensuring they take the necessary care to remain fully compliant in all aspects of employment taxes.
Our employment taxes specialists are able to offer advice and work with you to design solutions to these kinds of issues, tailored to the specific needs of your business.
To discuss these or any other employment taxes issue you may have, please contact Matt Ellis or your regular Deloitte contact.
Our solutions include:
- Designing and implementing tax efficient remuneration and cost reduction strategies, including SMART Benefit® salary sacrifice arrangements and equity planning.
- Providing advice across the full range of employment taxes, including incentives and rewards (cash and equity), employment status, termination payments and tips and gratuities.
- Advising on how to manage HMRC relationship, including assistance with compliance reviews, voluntary disclosures and negotiating settlements and penalties.
- Consulting on international assignments, providing advice on both domestic and international employer responsibilities.
- Working with employers to review their systems and processes for employment taxes compliance purposes.
- Advising and assisting with year-end employment taxes reporting and compliance in relation to cash remuneration, benefits & expenses and share schemes.