Real Estate Executive Report 2010: Evolution – Revolution
Welcome to the 4th edition
We are all painfully aware that the last couple of years have been traumatic for the real estate industry. Recent historic political upheaval has also added uncertainty, as changes resulting from the general election begin to come through. However, at Deloitte we want to start to look beyond these issues and consider – what next for real estate? In this edition, we therefore focus on the issues and themes that we expect to be shaping the industry once these macro issues have played themselves out.
This fourth edition comprises of six topical articles from our experts, on key real estate issues and trends facing the industry.
- Sustainable construction - A review of carbon reporting and sustainability issues. Achievable and profitable?
- Cost reduction – Is there any low hanging fruit left? We explore new directions for cost reduction initiatives.
- The investor tax landscape – A review of tax issues for fund managers attempting to raise capital in the current environment.
- 2010 revaluation for rating purposes – the facts and the fiction – The future of business rates and what this means for you.
- Getting ahead with talent – Key strategies for real estate companies seeking to retain, motivate and engage their employees.
- IT energy efficiency in the workplace – We investigate new technologies helping to contribute to a more flexible and sustainable building environment.