- Infrastructure investment helps insurers meet annuity liabilities
Life insurance companies can invest only in a limited range of assets to back their annuities but infrastructure is an ideal long-term investment that can produce returns 10, 20 or 30 years into the future.
- Deloitte comments on National Infrastructure Plan update
Nick Prior, head of infrastructure at Deloitte said: The additional infrastructure funding announced by the Chief Secretary today is welcome but we need much clearer sight of where this money will actually be spent.
- Infrastructure funds stay on track
Infrastructure investors have weathered the economic downturn by focusing on core infrastructure assets in ‘safe-haven’ countries and by recruiting dedicated asset managers.
- Deloitte comments on guarantees for infrastructure projects
Commenting on the announcement by Chief Secretary to the Treasury on government guarantees for infrastructure projects.
- Deloitte comments on launch of National Infrastructure Plan Strategic Engagement Forum
Given the importance of infrastructure to economic recovery, the launch of this new forum between Government and industry is certainly welcome.
- Deloitte response to infrastructure funding announcement
"The Government has clearly focused on the guarantee angle, using state support to enhance the credit rating, rather than the contractor bonding or letters of credit many in the sector had expected.
- Deloitte response to announcement on UK roads
Following today's announcement by the Prime Minister on the UK road network and infrastructure needs, Ian Simpson, Head of Transport at Deloitte, the business advisory firm commented.
- 2011 is the year of infrastructure risk management
Deloitte has launched its second power and utilities report, Empowering Ideas 2011, looking at the challenging conditions the sector will face across the world during the remainder of 2011 and into 2012.
- Investment in infrastructure funds continues to boom
Private sector investment in infrastructure has grown substantially in 2011, with infrastructure funds playing a pivotal role.
- Increased funding for the Green Investment Bank: Deloitte comment
The Budget has added clarity around the scale of the Green Investment Bank (GIB), which will seek to deliver at least £21 billion of additional investment in green infrastructure through a combination of public and private sector finance.