The Deloitte Consumer Tracker: Q4 2012
Caution remains despite rising incomes
We are pleased to present the latest quarterly edition of The Deloitte Consumer Tracker, a forward-looking economic update, focusing on consumer spending attitudes and behaviours based on our proprietary consumer survey and predictive analysis.
Our Tracker provides you with detailed insight into the patterns of consumer spending on a category-by-category basis and looks into the underlying drivers of spending behaviour.
- UK households income improved in the fourth quarter of 2012;
- Consumer sentiment is weak, despite consensus forecasts pointing to slower inflation;
- Spending holds up in the fourth quarter but consumers remain cautious;
- Economic growth is likely to be weak in 2013;
- Consumers are concerned about rising prices and plan to continue saving and rebuilding their finances.