What's new in the China real estate market
A dynamic blend of the new government stimulus package, availability of onshore capital and some potential rebound in foreign capital and the recent developments on tax and legal issues in China real estate sector is currently reshaping the real estate market of China after the downturn. Allen & Overy, Deloitte and Jones Lang LaSalle co-hosted a webinar on 25 June 2009, to give you a timely update on the China real estate market.
The webinar addresses the following:
A snapshot of the China real estate market
by Michael Klibaner, Head of Research for Jones Lang LaSalle Shanghai
- major trends in China’s real estate markets - office, retail, industrial and residential across tier I and II cities
- implications of government's stimulus package on real estate market
- investment market assessment (institutional investors, local developers).
Latest developments for fund investors
by Nancy Marsh, Tax Partner, Deloitte Beijing
- China tax residency risk
- anti-avoidance measures and implications on offshore exit
- treaty claims relating to dividend withholding tax
- transfer pricing rules.
Legal update for real estate investors in China
by Simon Black, Managing Partner, Allen & Overy LLP Mainland China
- regulatory update on foreign investment in real estate
- onshore capital raising: update on REITs, trust financing, limited partnerships, investment by insurance companies and other institutional investors
- how to channel new onshore capital to repay offshore PE investors and lenders
- debt finance: who is lending, where and how?