You face pressure to reduce costs and improve profitability. You are pursuing ways to operate more efficiently and effectively. This is not only due to deteriorating market conditions and pressure from shareholders, but also to the need to satisfy ever-increasing customer expectations with improved service quality.
The paradigm of long-term cost base optimisation without jeopardising or even reducing product and service quality requires a holistic approach to strategic cost management.
The professionals of Deloitte Consulting’s strategy service line can help you in your efforts to address the challenges your organisation is facing in delivering what counts most: bottom line results in general and operating margins in particular.
Our strategic cost management offering
Our strategic cost management offering is clustered around five core themes:
- Cost health check: this diagnostic approach aims to rapidly identify company-specific cost issues and related saving potential, thereby allowing an organisation to focus on cost optimisation efforts tailored to its individual requirements and business model.
- Enterprise cost reduction program: enabling the identification of a combination of short- and longer-term initiatives across the organisation which promise a positive return on investment and are aligned with overall business objectives.
- Operational Excellence (OE): OE is a strategic differentiator positioning the organisation as an execution leader in balancing service quality and effectiveness with cost of delivery by alignment and optimisation of its organisation, processes, technology and partnerships.
- Selling, general and administrative expense reduction: these services focus on realising cost saving targets for selling, indirect spend and general and administrative expenses.
- Outsourcing advisory: our methodology focuses on assessing and selecting outsourcing opportunities in order to ensure quality of service and efficient cost management.
Our Operations consulting service provides further tactical service offerings around cost optimisation.