A significant portion of a company’s market capitalisation is often tied to expectations of growth from future investments. Once the requirement for ongoing performance improvement is met or a company simply encounters the “law of diminishing returns”, it becomes increasingly difficult to meet or exceed growth expectations. Growth and innovation therefore remain a top priority on the executive agenda across all industry sectors.
Companies should never lose sight of the fact that it is necessary to consider multiple aspects when trying to achieve growth: the market, changing customer segments, and competitors. Growing faster than the market, capturing an increasing share of higher quality customer relationships, and thereby gaining market share from competitors are all fundamental requirements for sustainable growth. The trouble is: competitors have similar ambitions.
So, in order to win the race, a company needs to:
- Select the most favourable markets and market segments in which to compete
- Leverage customer insights to improve customer acquisition and retention
- Develop and commercialise innovative products and services that address unsatisfied needs
- Realise the value of pricing through improved pricing governance
- Transform their sales and marketing organisation to increase market penetration and capture channel value
Our customer & market strategy offering
We help companies in relation to five core themes in order to drive revenue growth, increase profitability or create sustainability:
- Market growth strategy: analysis of competitors, environment and market segments to define the most favourable competitive positioning of the client.
- Customer experience: support the design and implementation of best-in-class customer experience. The right customer experience leads to an increase in top- and bottom-line performance through effective customer acquisition, churn reduction and expanding relationships.
- Product and service innovation: assist companies to develop strategies for new product and service offerings, help companies bring these new offerings to the market through an enhanced commercialisation process and embed innovation as a core business competence.
- Pricing excellence: optimise pricing to increase profitability quickly and introduce repeatable pricing processes that lead to sustainable top- and bottom-line performance.
- Sales and marketing excellence: analyse and optimise the marketing organisation, sales and marketing approach and processes in order to increase market share and increase channel revenue and profitability.