IFRS for insurers
Many International Financial Reporting Standards are currently under discussion respectively in the development phase. The whole insurance industry is eagerly waiting for IFRS 4 Phase II, the standard that will replace the interim standard and provide the accounting treatment for insurance contracts.
The replacement of IAS 39 with IFRS 9 is also a very important development which will have a significant impact on the financial statements of insurance companies.
The insurance industry will be confronted with these changes and developments regarding the accounting treatments in the next months and years. We can help you to overcome these challenges and provide you with guidance with regards to:
- IFRS implementations
- Implementation of new International Financial Reporting Standards
- Development of accounting policies
- Optimisation of accounting and consolidation processes
- Closing process support
- Harmonising risk and financial reporting
- Financial and regulatory reporting advise (Swiss Solvency Test and Solvency II)
- Finance transformation
- M&A transaction support
|Uwe Grünenwald, Senior Manager|
Uwe leads Deloitte´s IFRS Insurance Practice in Switzerland. He has over fifteen years experience in the insurance industry. He is fluent in German and English.
Contact: Uwe Grünewald, +41 (0)44 421 61 55