Finance business partnering
- Strategic insight into what drives value for the organization, becomes a core skill within financial services companies and will lead to improved business decision-making.
- Beyond programmes like Activity Based Costing, the complexity of the regulatory environment and competitive product landscape within which financial institutions operate means that the ability of the finance business partner to predict, report, and interpret channel, product, and business performance is central to an organization’s ability to maximize its growth opportunities.
Risks and challenges
- How do you maximise growth and profitability in linking products to channels and client segments?
- Who in the organisation guards this optimisation?
Is this optimisation solely focused on reporting or also on decision making?
- How far are you with Activity Based Costing in managing business line, client and team profitability?
- How to assess current and potential client profitability in light of hard choices for client lending?
- What are the actions to be taken when market share, volume or profit objectives fall short of management expectations?
- How to get relevant information accurately and timely at the desk of client facing professionals?
How Deloitte can help
Deloitte accompanies the financial institutions in their transformation projects and their continuous drive towards increased performance in all areas. We help to design and implement organizations, processes and information systems that are aligned with the overall service strategy. Our services include:
Assistance with the development of target operating models for finance and risk functions.
Assistance with detailed design and implementation of accounting and consolidation systems, risk management and control management processes.
Integrated performance management improving the quality of accounting information and performance indicators, design of scorecards and cost management systems, planning and budgeting processes.