Deloitte Christmas Retailers’ Survey 2013
Retail market counting on Christmas
After a challenging year, Christmas may bring back some much needed joy for retailers. Despite the ongoing digital disruption and upward pressure on costs, retailers are planning to open new stores and streamline their operations.
As we head into 2014, consumer confidence appears to be on the rise and the 2013 Deloitte Christmas Retailers’ Survey indicates that respondents are more positive about the outlook for their businesses as a result.
Video | 2:59 min
Deloitte Christmas Retailers’ Survey 2013 key findings:
Based on a survey of 60 senior executives of leading retailers operating in the Australian market, the 2013 Deloitte Christmas Retailers’ Survey includes a comparison with last year’s findings and contributions from a number of Deloitte specialists, including:
- Retailers’ expectations for Christmas 2013 and the next 12 months
- Australian retail macroeconomic outlook, by Deloitte Access Economics
- The changing digital landscape for retailers, by Deloitte Digital
- Analysis of the sector’s competitive landscape, by Deloitte Restructuring Services
- Driving performance through data, by Deloitte Analytics
- Competitive priorities for private retailers, by Deloitte Private.