Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Issue 131 | October 2013
Welcome to the 131st edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The Deloitte WA Index increased by 2.4% during the month of October 2013 closing at AU$149.1bn, supported by consistently low interest rates and a weaker Australian dollar
- The WA economy retained its position as the top performing state for the third month in a row according to Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s latest Commsec quarterly State of State report
- Commodity prices surveyed generally performed favourably during the month, with coal leading the way with a price increase of 6.3% and nickel posting gain of 4.8%
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Allied Healthcare Group Limited, posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$95m (102.3%) from AU$93m to AU$188m
- Tribune Resources Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$60m (57.1%) to finish the month at AU$166m
- Northern Iron Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$48m (54.1%) to close at AU$138m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.