Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Issue 130 | September 2013
Welcome to the 130th edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The Deloitte WA Index increased by 2.0% during the month of September 2013 closing at AU145.7bn, driven by Post-election optimism and positive Chinese economic data
- September also witnessed a rebound across all major indices surveyed, largely due to positive Chinese economic and manufacturing data
- In addition to our normal content, we congratulate Navitas Limited for its admission into the ASX 100, making it one of an elite group of WA based companies
- Commodity prices surveyed were mixed during the month as a result of policy changes, the likelihood of Allied military intervention in Syria receding, and anticipation of a U.S. Government shutdown towards the end of September 2013, a situation that came to pass in early October.
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Atrum Coal NL, posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$97m (59.3%) from AU$164m to AU$262m
- Perilya Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$77m (45.5%) to finish the month at AU$246m
- Emeco Holdings Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$32m (30.6%) to close at AU$137m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.