Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Edition 129 | August 2013
Welcome to the 129th edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The market capitalisation of WA listed companies which comprise the Deloitte WA Index increased by 4.4% during the month of August 2013 closing at AU1$42.9bn, significantly outperforming the ASX All Ordinaries and international indices surveyed
- International markets surveyed were down for the month, impacted by concerns surrounding potential military strikes on Syria, as well as growing speculation relating to the US Federal Reserve’s intention to reign in its economic stimulus package
- The majority of commodity prices strengthened during the month largely as a result of positive economic data from China, which, combined with a lower Australia Dollar, assisted WA resource companies.
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Saracen Mineral Holding Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$69m (71.9%) to finish the month at AU$164m.
- Lonestar Resources Limited posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$55m (47.1%) from AU$119m to AU$174m.
- Calibre Group Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$49m (45.1%) to close at AU$158m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.