||Deloitte Tax Mining - Development
||Thursday, 18 July 2013
||7:30 a.m. for 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
123 Eagle Street
|Speakers and hosts:
||Stuart Cioccarelli (host)
|Food and beverage:
||Hot plated breakfast provided.
Please advise of any dietary requirements.
Tel: +61 7 3308 7295
||By Friday, 12 July 2013
The Deloitte Tax Mining Series is designed for tax and finance professionals in the mining sector and covers the key tax issues arising at each stage of the mining life cycle.
This session will provide an overview of tax issues faced by miners during the development phase of mining. Topics will include:
- Income tax treatment of development expenditure and associated issues with the transition from the exploration to the development phase
- Minerals Resource Rent Tax treatment of development expenditure
- GST and mine development
- Customs duty – impacts and opportunities, including recent changes to the Australian Industry Participation Plan
- Payroll tax implications, in particular with engaging contractors
- Impact of the Queensland Building and Construction Industry Levy.
Presenters at this session include Gordon Thring and Evan Last, our mining tax specialists, Jonathan Paul, our GST specialist, and James Petterson, our Brisbane state taxes specialist.
We look forward to seeing you at our next session of the Deloitte Tax Mining Series.