||Deloitte Tax Mining - Exploration
||Thursday, 14 March 2013
||7:30 a.m. for 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
123 Eagle Street,
|Speakers and hosts:
||Evan Last (Host)
|Food and beverage:
||Hot plated breakfast provided.
Please advise of any dietary requirements.
Tel: +61 7 3308 7295
||Accept, I would like to attend
Decline, I am unable to attend
The Deloitte Tax Mining Series is designed for tax and finance professionals in the mining sector and covers the key tax issues arising at each stage of the mining life cycle.
This session will provide an overview of tax issues faced by miners during the exploration phase of mining. Topics will include:
- Income tax treatment of exploration
- An overview and update on emerging issues associated with immediate income tax deductions for exploration expenditure, including analysis of “first use” and “feasibility expenditure”
- Exploration expenditure and the MRRT
- An update on recent stamp duties changes affecting exploration expenditure and exploration permits across Australia
- Research and Development (R&D) tax offsets during the exploration phase, including case studies of successful R&D claims.
Presenters at this session include Gordon Thring, Deloitte's Taxation Mining Leader, James Petterson, our Brisbane state taxes specialist, and Tony Belfield, our Brisbane R&D tax specialist. Gordon is actively involved in consultations with the Federal Government on business tax reform matters.
We look forward to seeing you at our next session of the Deloitte Tax Mining Series.