Performance: Issue 8
This issue focusses on the key issue of global regulation and risk, and why efficient risk management requires more than the de minimis level of regulatory compliance. Risk management alone does not secure investment inflow and the wealth management industry is seeing a considerable amount of products driven by regulatory requirements (for example, VaR funds or low SRRI rated UCITS).
To drive global investment management markets towards a greater focus on investor oriented mind-set and re-building the trust between industry and investors, investment management stakeholders must continue to provide assurances that lessons from the past have been learnt, and that going forward, meaningful risk management frameworks need to be developed or enhanced for investment funds.
- Post-crisis asset management environment – growth in deteriorating markets
- Data quality in asset management
- Market overview of share class hedging.
- Challenges and opportunities in financial inclusion
- White paper on pensions and IORP – directive review
- Achieving better international distribution
- Qualitative fund ratings – a cross-border perspective.
- MiFID II – key challenges for asset managers
- Custodian responsibilities – the evolving role of fund depositary
- The AIFMD for fund service providers – taking a strategic approach.