Kennedy names Deloitte global leader in banking sector: Cards and payments consulting
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) announced that Kennedy has named Deloitte a global leader in Banking Sector: Cards & Payments Consulting in their recently published report entitled “Kennedy: Consulting to the Banking Sector: Cards & Payments 2013.”
Deloitte also took the No.1 ranking for Cards & Payments Consulting globally based on member firm revenues and market share. The report notes: “As some clients try to develop cross-border strategies, Deloitte is one of only a handful of firms with truly global capabilities.”
Kennedy’s Leadership Development Consulting Market report examines the changing consulting landscape in the largest and most dynamic subsector of financial services: banking. Kennedy has chosen to focus on a banking business line that “just 10 years ago was a quiet segment – cards & payments – but that today is a rapidly expanding star product line attracting the interest of banks, consumers, competitors, and regulators alike.” The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for buyers and sellers of consulting services in the global financial services marketplace, focusing on key trends, growth patterns, the competitive ecosystem and includes profiles of select key firms.
“We are very proud that Kennedy acknowledged Deloitte as the global leader in Banking Sector Cards & Payments Consulting,” said Brian Shniderman, Payments Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP.” Clients, and their customers, are all becoming more global and more mobile and I am pleased to have Kennedy recognize our strength in this fast-moving industry.”
• Deloitte named a Kennedy Vanguard Leader based on breadth and depth of capabilities.
• Deloitte ranked #1 based on member firm revenues and marketshare
• “Deloitte approaches the payments space through three functional areas: strategy, operations and technology. An important dimension of Deloitte’s approach is reliance on a cross-disciplinary team involving the firm’s assurance, tax, risk and advisory groups – especially since the firm focuses on M&A transactions involving payments issuers, processors, associations, and networks”
• “A large number of Deloitte’s projects in cards & payments focus on cross-border deals.”
• “…Deloitte’s formidable technology resources in the Japanese market lend themselves well to payments solutions, both locally and for global clients entering the Japanese market.”