Raymond is a partner with Deloitte Barbados with a focus on financial advisory and serving clients mainly in the Caribbean Community.
He has 20 years of significant experience advising corporate and private equity clients, and governments across the range of financial advisory services, including business and financial reporting valuations, debt & capital advisory, mergers & acquisitions, and business restructuring, performance improvement, and insolvency. His work has spanned a number of industries including retail & wholesale, power & utilities, telecoms, and banking and insurance, amongst others.
• Lead Advisor on acquisition of banking operations in four jurisdictions which included pricing and synergistic analyses, commercial and financial due diligence, negotiation assistance.
• Advised a water service provider in Central America on the valuation and acquisition of a competitor, and a regional commercial bank on the valuation and related considerations for its public offering.
• Lead Advisor for the successful divestment of a water and waste water company
• Advised a regional fast food chain with significant operational and financial challenges, including debt service, on successful solutions for performance improvement.
• Led numerous business valuations and financial and commercial due diligence projects for financial institutions, retail operations, utilities, and other entities in multiple sectors.
• Prepared various financial reporting valuation analyses including valuation of intangible assets for transaction purchase price allocations and value impairment reviews of goodwill and other assets.
• Appointed by Special Loans Units of multiple banks to review, monitor and advise on the performance and financial position of stressed and distressed borrowers across multiple sectors.
• Appointed liquidator and/or agent for court-appointed and voluntary liquidations and receiverships with significant cross-border negotiations and asset realisations.
Education & Professional Affiliations
Raymond holds an Honours degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science from the University of Waterloo and is a member of Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators, the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados.