The position at June 2021 is more complex than previous reporting periods:
- Most entities reporting under Chapter 2M and 7 of the Corporations Act 2001 will have an additional month to comply with reporting deadlines
- The deadline for holding Annual General Meetings (AGMs) continues to be extended by two months and AGMs can be held using electronic means. This applies for all reporting periods up to and including 7 July 2021
- ASX listed entities will have additional time for some deadlines – but will still be required to file their Appendix 4D or Appendix 4E in the normal timeframes and/or lodge unaudited or unreviewed financial reports
- ASX listed entities will also need to disclose to the ASX that they are taking advantage of the ASIC relief
- Disclosing entities must also consider their continuous disclosure obligations (concessions previously available have expired pending legislation)
- The extended lodgement deadlines apply for financial reporting periods ending between 23 June 2021 and 7 July 2021 (inclusive)
- The extended reporting deadlines do not extend to financial reporting periods ending after 7 January 2021 and before 23 June 2021. Such entities will need to comply with the normal reporting deadlines or seek specific relief from ASIC and/or the ASX.
Download the publication to learn more.
Published: May 2021