The Deloitte Consumer Tracker Q1 2013
Ladda ner bilagor
A taste of spring to come
We are pleased to present the Q1 2013 edition of The Deloitte Consumer Tracker. This report is a forward-looking economic update, focusing on consumer spending attitudes and behaviours based on our proprietary consumer survey and analysis of the macroeconomic environment.
2013 got off to an encouraging start with consumer confidence in disposable income improving for the fifth consecutive quarter. The first quarter of 2013 has confirmed that the necessary conditions to reinvigorate consumer optimism are starting to emerge. In 2012 there were tentative signs of improvement: inflation fell which in turn helped to fuel a slight increase in discretionary spending. However, consumers remained cautious and continued to deleverage and save in anticipation of rising food and utility prices.
- Sentiment on disposable income is stronger than at any time since Q3 2011
- UK household conditions remain stable the first quarter of 2013
- The consensus is for the recovery to gain traction as 2013 progresses
- Despite a slight improvement compared Q1 2012, spending remains subdued
- Looking ahead consumers remain concerned about rising utility prices.