We have combined deep specialist skills and a flexible strategic model for managing risk. Our team works with our clients to identify risk, analyse its impact, and implement cost-effective controls to minimise it. We aim to introduce a risk management culture throughout the organisations we work with. Our services are provided by experienced professionals who work together with our clients throughout every phase of the risk management cycle.
We advise and assist our clients to become Risk Intelligent Organisations.
Risk Management Services:
- Development of/ and or review of an Organisations Risk Management Strategy and Policy.
- Development of/ and or review of an Organisations Risk Model.
- Review of an organisations Risk Appetite and evaluation criteria including a review of or development of Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Evaluation and Assessment rating scales.
- Facilitation of Risk Assessment Workshops at strategic, business and process levels, to identify and assess risks that may prevent an organisation from achieving its objectives.
- Using tools like The Risk Intelligence Map™ to facilitate your discussions. Draw upon your risk framework to help standardize your approach. Develop a risk catalogue to inventory your most critical risks.
- Risk Management Training.
- Change management as part of client’s RM framework and strategy implementation.
- Project management as part of clients RM framework and strategy implementation.
Striving Towards Risk Intelligence
Deloitte’s risk management philosophy and proven methodology is based on nine fundamental principles of Risk Intelligence:
- Governing Bodies Responsibility
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Common Definition of Risk
- Common Risk Framework
Risk Infrastructure and Management
- Common Risk Infrastructure
- Executive Management Responsibility
- Objective Assurance and Monitoring
- Business Unit Responsibility
- Support of Pervasive Functions.
We use these principles to help clients transform and align their risk management capabilities. Our team can bring into focus the “upside” of risk and the notion of intelligent risk taking for reward – key to getting ahead of the competition and achieving your growth objectives.
Risk Intelligent Enterprises maintain a balance between risk (threat) and reward (opportunity), by adopting a balanced perspective of risk management supported by fundamental principles.
The benefits of Risk Intelligence
A Risk Intelligent Enterprise:
- Converts risk information into business information
- Develops common risk terminology
- Improves its ability to prevent, quickly detect, correct, escalate and respond to critical risk issues
- Improves efficiency on business operations by standardising risk management principles/ methodologies
- Lowers the cost of risk management by improved sharing of risk information and integration of existing risk management functions
- Enhances strategic flexibility for both upside and downside scenarios
- Improves its ability to provide a “level of comfort” to the board and other stakeholders that the full range of risks is understood, managed and addressed
- Integrates/embeds Risk Management into day to day activities, strategy setting, planning and business processes
Provides combined assurance on risk areas affecting the company