Litigation support & financial dispute resolution
Litigation is an unpalatable, but often necessary consequence of a commercial or civil dispute. In most cases the claims and defence thereof involve complex accounting or economic analyses that can be produced only by an experienced accountant.
We provide financial, business and accounting expertise to parties involved in disputes. We assist in identifying the facts, unravelling complexities and providing the litigator and the court with clear, comprehensive arguments and reports.
Our litigation support services include:
- Expert witness testimony for civil, commercial and labour matters
- Assistance to Counsel during examination and cross-examination of witnesses and opposing experts
- Presentation of cases in arbitration, mediation or expert determination proceedings
- Quantification of losses and claims for damages
- Document and discovery management
- Negotiation of out-of-court settlements.
Financial Dispute Resolution
Resolving financial disputes “out of court” have become a recognised alternative to expensive and time-consuming litigation. This method also ensures that the matter will be placed before a competent professional person with the skills and experience necessary to understand the issues.
We provide you with experienced and resourceful professionals when we undertake the role of arbitrator, mediator or expert determinator, acting independently of all parties to a dispute. We apply considerable business expertise to resolve financial disputes quickly and effectively, drawing on our experienced resources in accounting, taxation, audit, corporate law, finance and information technology.