Critical success factors
We have identified certain critical success factors to ensure the success of the hotline facility:
- For your organisation
- For Tip-offs Anonymous
For your Organisation
- Visible commitment from senior company management and the board of directors.
- Initial launch and communication campaign of the service, the contact details, the risks of using the service and how it operates.
- Ongoing and appropriate awareness and marketing initiatives.
- Clear and authorised reporting structure for the receipt of tip-off reports.
- Commitment to follow up and investigate tip-off reports as well as to conduct appropriate follow up and corrective action.
- Buy-in from and consultation with all stakeholder groups, in particular employees as well as organised labour, if applicable to your organisation.
- Aligning the initiative with the values and ethos of your organisation.
For Tip-offs Anonymous
- Tailored response to persons making tip-offs so as to obtain as much relevant information as possible.
- Respecting and acting in accordance with the choice of the person making a tip-off as to whether they wish to remain anonymous to the subscribing organisation.
- Feedback to persons making tip-offs on the response and actions taken by your organisation.
- The provision of a credible and professional service that earns the trust and respect of your organisation’s stakeholders and is and seen to be totally independent of your organisation.