The Debt and Capital Advisory team’s role is to create value by helping clients to devise the most appropriate funding objectives and structures, identify the best source of funds and subsequently extract attractive terms from the market - as well as reduce execution risk and costs.
Our effectiveness is derived from the experience we bring, coupled with our research, study and devotion to the intricate business of funding businesses and projects.
We are part of the global Debt & Capital Advisory as well as the global Deloitte Corporate Finance community and participate in regular updates in the global financial arena which enables us to deliver timely and informed advice to our private and public sector clients.
Where appropriate, the Debt & Capital Advisory team will involve other service lines within Deloitte including Merger & Acquisition Advisory, Transaction Services, Restructuring Services, Forensic and Dispute Services, Tax and Consulting.
Key Service Offerings
We provide specialist advice to clients on the following:
- Maturing debt facilities which need refinancing;
- Rapid growth and expansion - current lenders outgrown or fully drawn; funding base may benefit from being widened;
- Accessing new debt or equity markets, including senior debt, mezzanine debt, high yield and private equity;
- Reviewing asset based finance to release value from balance sheet – receivables, inventory or property;
- Analysing of balance sheet capital, joint venture funding or equity investment; and
- Assessing multiple proposals from debt or equity providers.
Financing relating to acquisitions, ring-fenced projects, disposals and mergers
We provide the following specialist advice:
- Strategic acquisitions which may involve new debt or equity providers and greater complexity;
- Providing a staple debt package to maximise sale proceeds on a disposal;
- Additional capital required as a result of a change in strategic objectives;
- Working with private equity sponsors and other sources of potential equity capital;
- Working with government and corporate clients on project modelling, capital structuring options and sourcing of capital; and
- Structuring and accessing Sharia compliant capital.
We can assist with the following:
- New debt / equity requirement;
- Actual or potential breach of covenants;
- Performance downturn creating short term liquidity pressure, leading to a requirement for temporary or additional working capital;
- Credit ratings downgrade;
- Transfer existing debt to a different lender group or an alternative class of investment; and
- Infusions of minority equity.
General Financial Advisory
This includes the following:
- Treasury involvement throughout the debt raising, restructuring, and refinancing process providing:
- Strategic Hedging advice; and
- Credit rating advisory.
- Board assistance:
- Independent financial advise; and
- Fairness opinions (valuations).
- Loan sales and acquisitions:
- Assisting PE funds and issuers buying back third party debt; and
- Portfolio evaluations, investor selection and assistance with purchase/ sale negotiations.