IT sourcing and procurement for business efficiency
IT sourcing and procurement
The IT Souring and Procurement Proposition supports all aspects of IT sourcing, from strategy through to supplier selection, contract execution and ongoing vendor management. It is relevant to all areas of IT (e.g. hardware, software, networks, application development and service management) and includes the procurement of commodity services, as well as more complex managed services, outsourced services and offshoring.
IT Sourcing and Procurement Value to our clients
- Reduced costs:
- Reduction in the unit cost of IT services
- Improved management of the demand for those services
- The avoidance of capital investment
- Migration from a fixed to a variable cost base
- Improved services:
- Introduction of standardised service levels;
- Migration to a consistent set of services; and
- Access to new technology.
- Organisation and operational improvement
- Better access to scarce technical skills
- Reduced management effort in overseeing low value commodity IT service delivery
- Access to lowercost offshore resources
- The potential to draw on external vendors’ mature IT delivery capabilities
Key enablers IT sourcing and procurement
Deloitte has an extensive range of proven tools and methods, helping to kickstart IT sourcing and procurement programmes, reducing timescale and risk. We have a rigorous and detailed IT Sourcing and Procurement methodology that guides clients through all of the steps in a sourcing programme.
- We maintain an IT Sourcing Market Intelligence Database. This provides a repository of IT outsourcing deals, giving us a unique insight into the marketplace.
- We have a range of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models that create an accurate picture of the existing cost of service. These are used to establish the potential benefits of different sourcing options and can also form the basis for evaluating supplier proposals.
- We maintain a library of Tender Evaluation Tools including RFP templates, contract schedules and SLAs, helping to accelerate sourcing programmes. Deloitte also has its own tender evaluation software tool, which structures RFP documents in a way that facilitates scoring by a large number of evaluators.